Monday, April 8, 2019

On the Jihad of Pete Buttigieg

Pete for POTUS
I will remember the moment at about 11 minutes into this 20 minute clip, when he explains why marriage equality is a moral issue in his life, as the moment he became my candidate.

You owe it to yourself to put twenty minutes aside and listen to this speech I linked.  He was addressing an LGBTQ fundraiser.  What he describes as his war with himself as he was growing up is a beautiful expression of the Islamic concept of jihad (which I shamelessly exploited as click-bait)  Tears streamed down my face as I watched it.

Objectivity is over, this is my candidate.  Sorry if you were looking forward to a long public deliberation on my part.  I feel pretty strongly about this, I anticipate active involvement in his campaign.   I am no longer an observer of the 2020 Presidential race, I intend to participate.