Friday, April 25, 2008

This country may not be ready for Rev. Jeremiah Wright.

I challenge any of you who regard yourselves as fair-minded, educated, and tolerant to watch the entire Bill Moyer's interview with Rev. Jeremiah Wright and tell me that you can agree with Maureen Dowd's epithet "wackadoodle."

What I saw was a remarkably wise, compassionate and genuine spiritual leader who loves this country and takes his job seriously enough to tell the truth. I am very comfortable with the notion that Obama listens to this man. I think the country would do well to have a leader so inclined.

I have been on the road for the last couple of days and therefore been bored enough to watch the news-tainment channels on TV. I've seen those clips that have been replayed and replayed and replayed from this interview. I cringed. I was angry at Rev. Wright for doing this interview, particularly at this time.

I was wrong.

Guess what? The news-tainment industry (CNN, CBS, NBC, FOX, MSNBC, et al.) is taking *those* comment completely out of context. Why am I surprised?

If you can handle the truth, watch the whole hour. I learned something, you will too.

No comments: