Thursday, August 7, 2008

Greatly exaggerated,

the rumors of my demise are.

Busy, busy, busy.

If you're in IT and you've ever moved 260 workstations and three servers you'll know what I mean. There's a lot to do. Other people also need a lot from you. I'm buried in work. I think I'll be back to normal in time to enjoy the World Series.

My mother has been diagnosed with breast cancer. It has been described by her doctor and both the experts I asked to review her case as "the good kind of cancer." That makes as much sense to me as "the bad kind of sex," but the fact is that there are a number of different prognostic indicators for breast cancer, i.e., size, location, degree of infiltration, number of lesions, responsiveness to estrogen, etc, and all of these indicators in my mother's case are positive. She has a form of breast cancer that responds very well to relatively easy-to-tolerate treatment. The surgery is simple, if she needs follow up radiation it is of a variety that is easy to tolerate, and she might not need it at all.

As you can imagine, it took me quite a bit of time to gather than information.

I'm also getting a lot of work in my side business (web design/hosting). That's good, because I need the scratch, but it cuts directly into the time I have for Multiply.

So, that's why I've been MIA. Hope you're all well.

Go J-E-T-S Jets Jets Jets!

No comments: