Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Nice happens

The world is an OK place.
I left my Kindle Fire on a New Jersey Transit train last Friday.  I was reading, lost track of where I was, got surprised by my stop, and bolted-up off the train probably leaving the Kindle Fire on the seat next to me.  I didn't realize I was no longer in possession of my Kindle Fire until the next afternoon. 

This Kindle Fire was given to me by one of the most important people in my life.  The case it is in was a gift from another personal VIP.  Sentimentally, it couldn't be more important.  I was very sad that I couldn't find it.  It didn't take me long to deduce I had probably left it on the train.

I inquired with New Jersey Transit Lost-and-Found on Monday.  Tuesday, they called me to tell me they found it.  They held it for me at their customer service office and I picked it up unharmed.  

Sometimes nice things happen.