Sunday, June 15, 2008

I'm onto McCain

He doesn't believe a word of what he is saying.

DIsclaimer: This is pure fiction, written poorly. Any resemblance between this and any actual event is amazing, and unlikely, and what are you smoking?

I think there was a day back in February when John McCain sat down with his family and had this discussion:

-----

Roberta: John, this country needs you to be President more than ever.

John: I know that, Mom, I really do, but I don't like what I'm having to say and do to get the nomination. I can't actually do these things.

Cindy: Oh John...

Roberta: I've been around a long time, John, I've seen everyone since FDR get elected, none of them ever did anything in office that they didn't want to do. No matter what they promised in the campaign, they only kept the promises that were on their personal wish list and forgot the rest. You will too.

Cindy: John, you have to win first. You have to win to do anything. Bush still has a 30% approval rating, you need all of those people to come to the polls, then you only need another 15-20% to win it.

Roberta: Then you can be the man we all know you can be. Then you can help the country. If your performance is not enough to win re-election then you aren't going to want the job anyway.

John: Yeah, you're both right. This is just like a mission, I have to do my duty, as distasteful as that may be, in order to reach my objective. I have to.

-----

Just playing around here, it's nice to be able to write about the things I thought about during past elections but couldn't.

No comments: